The basis for this Ore Reserve statement is hydrogeologic modelling completed for the Project that incorporates the recent Mineral Resource Estimate and extensive hydrogeological characterisation work completed in 2022 and 2023 including extraction and injection testing.
This Ore Reserve is the basis for the Kachi Project Phase One Definitive Feasibility Study (‘DFS’), which was released today. The Ore Reserve demonstrates that the mine plan is capable of delivering sufficient lithium brine to the plant for a planned 25 ktpa operation over the Life of Mine (‘LoM’).
Ore Reserve demonstrates mine plan capable of delivering sufficient lithium brine for planned 25 ktpa operation:
– Mine plan includes 16 production wells and 21 injection wells with average grades and flow rates that exceed production requirements for a 25 ktpa operation for a 25-year LoM.
– Ore Reserve is constrained by currently planned plant capacity of 25,228 tpa, not pumping and injection capacities.
– Kachi well field layout optimized using the Hydrogeologic Model to maximize lithium grade recovered, maximize Proved Ore Reserve and minimize environmental impacts.
– Average lithium feed grade to the plant for the first seven years of operations is 257 mg/L, averages 245 mg/L in years eight to 25 and reduces to 232 mg/L by year 25.
– More than 85% of the 25-year Life-of-Mine (‘LoM’) production is derived from Measured Resources with the remained predicted to be sourced for Indicated Resources.
‘We are excited to share the well field development plan and hydrogeologic modeling results for the Project. The modeling demonstrates that the feed grade will average above 245 mg/L with minimal dilution and that the operation can be developed in an environmentally responsible manner,’ Michael Gabora, Director of Geology and Hydrogeology said. He continued, ‘The Ore Reserve for the 25 ktpa operation extracts just a small percentage of the Mineral Resource Estimate.’
*To view the full report, please visit:
About Lake Resources NL:
Lake Resources NL (ASX:LKE) (OTCMKTS:LLKKF) is a clean lithium developer utilising state-of-the-art ion exchange extraction technology for production of sustainable, high purity lithium from its flagship Kachi Project in Catamarca Province within the Lithium Triangle in Argentina among three other projects covering 220,000 ha.
This ion exchange extraction technology delivers a solution for two rising demands – high purity battery materials to avoid performance issues, and more sustainable, responsibly sourced materials with low carbon footprint and significant ESG benefits.
Lake Resources NL
Nigel Kassulke at Teneo
SVP, Investor Relations
News Provided by ABN Newswire via QuoteMedia